COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS - OVERVIEW
1. The Competition is run by Manchester United Soccer Schools which is a trading name of Manchester United Merchandising Limited (company registration number: 4077874) whose registered address is PO Box 263, Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0WD (the “Promoter”).
2. The Competition is open to anyone aged 8 to 18 years old (each an “Entrant” and together the “Entrants”), except the Promoter’s and its affiliates’ employees and immediate families, their agencies or anyone professionally connected to the Competition and/or the Promoter. All Entrants require parent/guardian permission to enter and Entrants under the age of 13 will need a parent/guardian to enter the Competition on their behalf, due to the age restrictions on Facebook.
3. The Competition will start on Friday 10th January 2014 (the “Opening Date”).
4. On-line entry only, Entrants or their parent/guardian must go to www.manutdsoccerschools.com and upload their videos of no more than 60 seconds in length.
5. The Competition will end at 11:59pm (GMT) on Friday 28th March 2014 (the “Closing Date”).
6. Following the Closing Date of the Competition, the nine videos with the most votes plus one wildcard (selected at the Promoter’s discretion) will be put into a shortlist from which one winner and five runner ups will be selected by the judging panel.
7. The winner will receive: (i) one week’s residential football training camp to be selected at the Promoter’s discretion (economy/standard fare travel and accommodation is provided for the winner only); (ii) a Manchester United Soccer Schools goodie bag; and (iii) a Manchester United Soccer Schools medal (together the “Competition Prize”).
8. The five runner-ups will each receive a Manchester United Soccer School goodie bag (the “Runner Up Prize”).
9. Entrants uploading a top one hundred voted for video will receive a Manchester United Soccer Schools medal (the “Top One Hundred Prize”).
10. The winner of a Competition Prize and recipients of the Runner Up Prize or Top One Hundred Prize (together, the “Prizes”) will be notified by 5pm (GMT) on Friday 25th April 2014 (the “Notification Date”).
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
11. By entering this Competition, Entrants’ parents/guardians must be aware of and agree for the Entrants to be bound to these terms and conditions and any other terms of entry, rules or instructions as published on www.facebook.com/manutdsoccerschools and www.manutdsoccerschools.com.
12. The Prizes are as stated and no part of them can be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services. Unless specifically agreed in writing by the Promoter, the Prizes are not transferable and must be taken by the winner or recipients in person.
13. The Promoter, its agents and/or affiliates reserve the right to substitute the Prizes for a prize or prizes of the equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond their control, without prior notification.
14. No purchase is necessary.
15. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner but if the Competition Prize is declined or unclaimed by the winner, or if the winner cannot be contacted from the details supplied on their entry form by 11.59pm on the Notification Date, the original entry will be forfeited and a replacement winner will be selected at the Promoter’s discretion and will be notified by the Promoter by phone or email.
16. The first name and country of the Competition Prize winner will be available for three months from the Notification Date and can be obtained
by sending a stamped addressed envelope to LDA, 5th Floor, The Landing, MediaCityUK, Salford, M50 2ST, United Kingdom. The details of the Competition winner and recipients of Prizes will also be available on www.facebook.com/manutdsoccerschools and www.manutdsoccerschools.com for public viewing for three months following the Notification Date.
17. All Entrants agree not to discredit, denigrate or bring into disrepute the Promoter, its products and services or its business partners and confirm that they have no reason to believe that their participation in the Competition will have such an effect.
18. All Entrants’ videos uploaded on www.facebook.com/manutdsoccerschools and www.manutdsoccerschools.com become the property of the Promoter. It is a condition of entry that the Entrant and any other person featured in the video agree to the following:
(a) the Promoter may publish the Competition entries/videos and the Entrants’ names and/or likenesses;
(b) the Promoter may use the Competition entries, interviews, photograph sessions and film recordings of the winner, Entrants and their parents’/guardians’ name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film or recording of the same) (the “Material”) in any promotional material, activity, or media coverage, including television, online, radio and press; and
(c) Entrants and their parents/guardians grant to the Promoter a royalty-free, indefinite, exclusive and irrevocable license to use the Material for any purpose, including as outlined above, without compensation.
19. The Promoter will use Entrants’ and nominees’ personal details only for the administering the Competition.
20. Entrants acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants will be providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Entrants acknowledge that Facebook is not responsible for the Competition and shall have no liability towards any Entrant or nominee in relation to the Competition.
21.The Promoter reserves the right to extend, amend or withdraw the Competition or any part of it without prior notice or compensation, where this is due to circumstances beyond its control.
22.The Promoter’s decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
23.Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies, agents and affiliates exclude responsibility and all liabilities for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition and/or the Prizes.
24.These terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of, or in connection with them, shall be governed by or construed in accordance with English law. Entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England & Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
25.The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of entry. Entries must not be sent through agents or third parties. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk entries, entries from third parties and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any failure to submit a valid entry by the Closing Date.
26.Any Entrant found not to comply with these terms and conditions or any other Competition rules, instructions or requirements will be disqualified.